Ankur Billore

Ankur Billore
Blog from a Blob

Monday, January 20, 2014

Rejuvination

Hi Guys,

I am trying my luck with writing again, please bear with me.

Long time after scribbling in mind on almost all type of issues now I have again decided to start putting the thoughts on this place where someone can read and comment. As this is a continuation from my last post where I emphasized on the importance of virginity in one's life, I would like to admit I am also a victim of the virgin syndrome. Restarting the blog was something lingering in the back of the mind but to get this materialize took me, shamefully, 4 Years!!. I am myself feeling insane and how I could  have done this to myself and to my creative appetite.

Anyways, this is life and you do not really get always what to desire, you only get what you really desire.

As this is again a starting one, I will be again not going to be very specific on things but will start with my take of the current hot topic around. The rise of AAP,

AAP, the phenomenon ,

I think this was inevitable.. I think the polity in our country has reached this down that there is only one way left form there, which was to move up. I am not particularly happy with what AAP stands for really but I am not really comfortable with the other political options either, I am not naming anyone one individually because I genuinely feel, they all are same. Whenever someone from discrete intellectual background  or in other words "One who can speak good sounding English" ( There is a difference between good English and good sounding English)  speaks on television, he/she associate existing parties with their fundamental roots, inception roots and make them or project them better because of that. Even for once if I believe the current party is close to its roots, does this mean they are better then a new one upcoming or they have any advantage over their counterparts. World has changed in this last decade, and the change has happened manifolds. People communicate more, they have more communicative means, ideas are no longer a virtue of select few who can transcend them. In this day and age where the thoughts and imaginations are shaping lifestyles, choices, social parameters are we to really believe that the only option we have is existing !? That's not true, even the existing believes and fundamentals need rethinking, I am not saying that will change the fundamentals but who knows we may found that some rhetoric are not applicable anymore.

Let me now be specific and talk about the two major political parties, Congress, the motto of inclusive growth, secularism. I think the very idea is flowed and misleading. I am not saying the words itself are not relevant but how they are practiced and used loosely is shambolic.  How can we have a so called inclusive growth if we have a country so diverse and definition of growth for any sectarian representation differs from each other ? Anyone individual or community is a part of many sectors as well. I am defining any group as a sector cos they inhibits similar characteristics and are targeted community from planning perspective. A tribal  has its own challenges, way of life. Definition for growth for him is preservation of its land, growth of his family then infrastructure development or nuclear power or a space mission. An urban Muslim has his own set of problems, his problem cannot be bracket with problem of Muslim community in general though there may be some threads of resonance. Now this inclusive growth, which is used so incoherently, conveys nothing. For a layman like me, I don't understand anything from that what the parties grand stand is. If my representative is saying "VOTE FOR ME" as my agenda is "INCLUSIVE GROWTH" does this make any sense. Now comes secularism, what I read the meaning of secularism is State should not be a part of any religious belief of controls. If a party is claiming secular, how can I accept, "Hindu Marriage act" or "Muslim Marriage Act". There are large set of laws exist in our country which are applied differently to person based on its religion. Now this to me is not secularism. Anyways, some might argue that if we don't go by the literal meaning and understand the thinking behind the word, still cannot justify many appeasement practices. Infusion of this word again and again though sounds great though this is really is the reason for all division. Lets agree on one point that we are a single country and Secularism is inherited in our jeans. Secular India is a done deal now and verbally reinforcing it again and again will only harm not help the cause. This doesn't means the nation should stop and do not continue practice it honestly. That should and must be done always. In so far as the congress is concerned, these words, which they claim there cornerstones of agenda, are not only hateful but are dangerous. This infuses victim hood, sectarianism and all sort of nuisance in the country. Now why should I go for this party ?

the Other one, BJP, they need to really know what they stands for ? what I can think on top of my head is, Hindutva and good governance. I mean Hindutva, it it really a political ideology ? I mean isn't this is a slogan for some cultural organisation to pursue. I am really not against hindutva (I will leave the definition of hindutva to the person reading as there could be many definitions to this; I for one believes I, my friend Martin and Zafar are core Hindus, though we are not a BJP followers or necessarily practice Hindu religion ). This is my equivalent of  Secularism. I don't think political enforcement of this ideology is necessary. Good governance, I mean who can claim will give Bad governance ??!! Isn't this is given ! I mean, you have to give good governance if you are in government. Are we Indians who famously are called as "Argumentative Indian" are shying from debating this Oxymoron ? I mean this sounds absurd to me.

So what really means, these Old parties are also not really clear on their fundamentals, they need introspection and we need more introspection. Policies and vision document is a dynamic thing. Even our constitution is not stationary, this is a document written by older generation so the newer more wiser generation can change it.

This political vacuum has created the needed space for party like AAP. anything if it would have not been AAP would have generated the same kind on buzz and excitement amongst the people of this country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment