Ankur Billore

Ankur Billore
Blog from a Blob

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Take On Twitter

Hi Guys,

Twitter, the phenomenon we all know, have experienced and may be suffered occasionally. I am really getting in to this "Twitter" now as I am tweeting my brains out day and night. I wouldn't say I always release a thoughtful insight in 140 words when I tweet. Often my tweets are crude, nuanced, cruel responses. Also, I spread the same kind from others as well when I "Retweet". This has started from yesterday and I am not sure if I am really enjoying this or am getting into this far too much for my own good. Also I noticed, I am not consistent in my orientation about things and I really wonder if this mania is something which empowers people to better communicate freely or make them slave of poor intellect. Also, we don't really know if we are becoming a hired gun for some one else in our process of being entertained. Here abuses are cheap, opinions are loose, loyalties change at a drop of a hat.

I see a lot of media channels using Twitter as well to their advantage. For good or bad, this is saving them from really hiring too many reporters or worry about there content publicity. They get a lot of content from each other and from the common public as well. Also, I believe the content received to them often is not used to the full advantage. Too many media house editors are blatantly publicizing their content like their interviews, shows etc. I don't have any problem in this medium parse' when it is used by media houses, I just have a feeling that in this blatant, non stop publishing, we may be missing the editorial checks and balances and therefore there is a risk of misreporting always exist. Also, this is like a "Teer" left from "Kaman", can't easily retract that from spreading. Too many examples we have already.

I would rather think since  we have this is a great technological invention, how best we can use this. I mean this is a fabulous tool can be used for data collection. Lot of people, agencies are already using this for the statistical analysis and analysis of kinds which is really fabulous. I think we need to extend the same may be in governmental planning for resources. May be by educational institutions, media houses as well to sample and gauge the contents peoples inclination.

Also, again for media, may be this can be used as we structured medium to collect news. I mean what it takes for a common man to report any incident through twitter. If he has a video clip, it can be uploaded to You tube and the link can be shared. Currently also, this is happening but I think this can be institutionalized to better use.

You think why I am rising now when Twitter is already something most people know, answer is I being a lazy was also introduced to twitter long before in its early days. I joined, enjoyed reading tweets, occasionally "RT" ing few things but I never really have understood its full potential and it working in full form. As I learned to use it now, I am blogging about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment